Sunday, May 13, 2012

Oh, FedEx, I am fed up

I had a moment of utter and complete frustration on Saturday.

Some fantastic people back home in the states decided to send me a package.
It ARRIVED!!
I received a phone call saying that it was here. I was so excited.

The man I spoke to on the phone had a rather garbled voice. He told me that there would be a fee on this end. 16,000 franks is what I heard.
What on earth?!? It has all been paid for already!
I repeated back to him, "so, 16000 to get it?"
He affirmed it.
Well, I didn't understand why there was this charge, so I let him speak to Mr. Ken.
…turns out he wanted 60,000 franks. Which is about 50 bucks!
Then he said that if we wanted a proper receipt, we'd have to pay 120,000 franks!

…it was bribe money.

Well, he finally said that if we could get down to the FedEx shop pronto, he'd only charge 60,000 and he'd give us a receipt.
We went down to the station. I SAW THE PACKAGE.
 I even touched it.

…but the man we were dealing with wasn't there.
and the other clerk wouldn't let us take it. He said we had to deal with the other man who was AWOL.

We sat in the office for about 20 minutes, talking to the other clerk, and nothing happened.

So we left. 

There is almost nothing so frustrating as knowing that you have the right to have something but you're not allowed to have it for a dumb reason.

So, please pray.

Pray for the man who is asking so much. pray for the contents of the box (who's to say that the stuff will stay in there?), and pray for my patience and trust in God's sovereignty.

No comments:

Post a Comment