Sunday, May 13, 2012

Blessings

Wow, wow, wow!
I feel like I've been swept into a whirlwind.
I am simply overwhelmed (in a good way).
A few hours after I posted my frustrations about the package, we got a phone call from the FedEx guy.
The man said that it was all a "simple misunderstanding" and of course they would give me the package, it was "silly to think otherwise"…mmhmm

He even said that they'd open the FedEx office (it's usually closed on Sunday) so that I could pick up the package as soon as I could get down there again.
Wow, he was rolling out the red carpet!

I don't know what all went down in the 24 hours that lapsed between my initial viewing of the package and my receipt of it, but whatever happened, I praise God! 

The feeling that came after that phone call was so exhilarating. 

And I have to thank you, my reader, so much for your prayers! It's incredible that everything fell into place so quickly. There are a lot of places where things could have fallen through, but they didn't!
With glee, I hopped onto the motorbike to get the package.
I didn't think about how heavy the box would be…we made a funny sight riding up the hill on the motorbike with a huge box behind me. I got a few chuckles from pedestrians. 

When I was able to open the box, I was floored by the thoughtfulness and wonderful surprises!
I loved reading the notes and pictures enclosed. Everything in that box will be put to great use and I'm sure the contents will be a blessing. 
The package was a double blessing, because it came on Mother's Day.
Melli was so blessed by the package! The package included some oh-so-yummy chocolate.

Can I say it enough: such a blessing!

Simply great timing.
I am so glad that the package all worked out.
I feel a bit silly now for worrying and stressing. What's one package to the God of the Universe?
Yet here He worked it all out, and gave me another lesson in faith. It's good there was a delay, else I might have taken blessings for granted!

This experience was a reminder that I too easily get bogged down in frivolous little details when there is an all-powerful God who can easily provide for every need.
It reminded me of Jesus' miracles, though it was small in comparison, it grew my faith.
In Mark 9, a man comes to Jesus and says, "…but if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us."
" 'If you can'?", said Jesus. "Everything is possible to him who believes."
Immediately the man exclaims, "I do believe; help me to overcome my unbelief!" 

God has been working to show that I need to trust that He really will take care of every need, and not just say it.

I'm also super thankful for the people who called FedEx. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! There's just nothing like a package full of goodies. Am very happy for you. I enjoy checking out your blog now and then. -Gina in Tanzania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Gina! I have loved being here, and meeting all of the Johnsons, too! Maybe someday we'll run into each other. :)

      Delete