Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Change in Scenery

This next month, I'm staying out on the mission compound with Jesse and Joy.

It's fantastic so far.

I'm close to the discovery school and I can get in on more of the local events.

Like Sunday, I was invited to a youth concert. I went, and found out it was a Sunday school choir competition! And it was intense.
(a lesson that worship is a competition...haha, juuuust kidding)

I am used to calm, orderly church services (for the most part) and when I envision a children's choir, I think of mild-mannered children nervously standing on a stage and barely singing.

But that's just my preconception.

Well, this youth concert blew that thought out of the water. It was intense. The church was PACKED with children, it was loud, it was hot, ...and did I mention it was loud? So much great energy used for praising the Lord!

...and this is an Assembly church.
Plymouth Brethren Assembly.
Oh yeah.

It was great fun, and I was glad to be there for it.


Jumping for Jesus

From the back of the church--this place was FULL of young people


No comments:

Post a Comment