Sunday, March 4, 2012

Visa request

Three days!
The excitement and anticipation is building.
Last night I had one of those inevitable stressful dreams: the time had come for the flight, and I had nothing ready to go. I frantically threw things in a bag and hoped for the best. It was like the unprepared-for-exams dream I've had in the past.
But that is all silly worrying on my part. I'm one of the craziest over-preparers ever (just ask my co-counselors at camp!)

I woke up remembering that there is today, Monday and Tuesday to finish preparing.

Also, a big prayer request: The Burundian embassy assured me that it would take 5 business days to process our visas. The visas haven't yet arrived, so it is my prayer that they are mailed off on Monday. If not mailed off Monday, that they would be ready to pick up on Wednesday morning (since we are flying out of D.C., we could leave Raleigh earlier to swing by the embassy in D.C.) It is definitely going to be a close shave, but I know that God is totally in control. I feel like this is a small lesson in trusting Him, and it's not a huge deal if we have to change flight dates by a few days. It would just be perfect if the visas could arrive ASAP!
We have a tracking number for the package that they will mail back, so I'll know when they're en route.

Thank you for your support and prayers!

Love,

Makenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment