Sunday, March 4, 2012

prayers

Oh, goodbyes!

While I am bubbling with excitement and anticipation, there are still the goodbyes.
I'm not a fan of goodbyes.
At. All.

Tonight was my last night of sparks for the year. I am so attached to those kiddos! I didn't realize just how I will miss them until I said goodbye.
A few were absolutely adorable in saying goodbye.
Little John (ever the drama king) asked me to pllllleeeeeaassse stay. He said he would miss me too much.
Egypt said that she was going to be so mad if I left her.
A few other ones wouldn't leave my side.
Oh, the cuteness.
God has blessed me with them.

Those cuties! Ah, then, later on, Mrs. Sharon had them pray for me. Their prayers were AH-dorable.

"Dear God, please let Miss Makenzie have fun on her field trip, and keep her safe, and help her to remember to pack everything...even her Bible."

"Dear Jesus, please let Miss Makenzie's plane fly" 

"Dear God, I hope Miss Makenzie takes lots of pictures, and has fun, and loves the babies"

"Dear God, let Miss Makenzie have fun on her field trip and have fun in Africa."
 

Oh my. Those and many other prayers were offered up.
I know they are so precious to God. They were definitely precious to me.

And today my heart was touched at the generosity of my church family! Wow, I am blessed by encouraging and loving folks. God does provide for every need, and He has got this. I'm feeling like this

I almost cried tonight, too. A sweet little girl at church gave me a gift. It contained $3.55 and a cute card that read:
"Dear Miss Makenzie, 
I will be praying for you on your trip. 
We will miss you. I hope you can use this money."

My heart melted. So precious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment