Tuesday, July 10, 2012

my first week in Burundi! pictures

Because internet was what it was (super slow and unreliable) while I was in Burundi, I was unable to upload many pictures.
So.

Now I have faster internet and uploading pictures will be easier. My plan is to upload pictures chronologically of my time in Africa. The following pictures are of the first week: adjusting, seeing the sights of the city.

So, here are my first glimpses of Burundi.

I was totally discombobulated, but I had a good welcome crew!

The crew

Dazed? Me? OH YEAH.

African puppies! SO CUTE

beautiful flowers

Flies were pretty prevalent during rainy season

Snails

Jonathan, one of the workers and my first Kirundi teacher. Urakoze Cane, Jonathan!


The Internet cafe where we were able to sometimes access internet. Dad wasn't really angry.

Walking to market!

Dad and I walking to market

Lots of "dives". I was NOT brave enough to try these

More strong, hard-headed people walking to market

A funny little monkey.

Grass truck!


No comments:

Post a Comment