Saturday, February 18, 2012

Passport is here!

My dad's passport came today! We had it expedited and overnighted (as we realized that Burundi required passports to have at least 6 months validity, and Dad's was about to expire) but it was taking a while to get back to us. Now it is here and there is one less roadblock!
Since we can't send mail out tomorrow or Monday (because of President's day), we'll be sending the visa applications as soon as Tuesday.
What a great development!

The plane ticket situation is becoming more clear. I will be heading back to the States July 6th with the Johnsons. I'm still trying to figure out the most cost effective way to get back to the states with them.

Wouldn't you know, a missionary friend, Miss Brook, put me in contact with a travel agent who works with mission trips.  Definite blessing! I am very excited to hear back from him, and it could definitely make financial "worry" so much less. And it will seriously help with figuring out the details of our itinerary.

.......
This morning, when I woke up, I had a Bible verse running through my mind over and over. It was like a song on repeat. I'm pretty sure the Spirit was sounding a pretty clear message. It was a cool feeling, and exactly what I needed to remember.
Philippians 4:19:

And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.


God will meet every need. 

I all too easily forget that I'm relying on the Creator of the universe for my needs. I am reminded of Isaiah 40:


He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
He brings princes to naught
and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing.


Hey, I'm relying on the God who owns everything, who allows all things to live! How can I not believe that He is going to meet all of my needs?

In spite of His vastness and omnipotence, He cares about me. (and you!) He is interested in having a personal relationship.
He cares about my worries, He goes so far as to tell me to cast them upon Him.
He truly loves me.

One of my favorite verses is Isaiah 40:11 (funny that it's in the same chapter. Isaiah 40 might just be one of my very favorite chapters in the Bible)

He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young.

The imagery and emotion that is conveyed in this verse is amazing.
His flock he carries close to his heart.


It blows my mind! It is a great thing to meditate on.

There is so much joy and peace to be found in God's will.

Anyways, He has got all of this, and I am simply to be obedient, reliant, and surrendered to Him.
I hope you have experienced that same feeling of his immense, vast, never ending love.

Until later,

Makenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment