Monday, April 16, 2012

School is back!

Yay! School is back in session!
Today I was able to be a substitute teacher for the third grade all day.
I so loved it.
We worked on Language Arts, Science, Kirundi (though I wasn't too much help with that!), and Bible.  I so enjoyed my day, and it left me praising God for His provision. I was worried that there might not be a good opening for me to help out.

The last two weeks have been filled with adventures with the Johnson family. I've been playing with the little ones, helping out around the house, and recovering from some bad viruses.
I was glad to get back into more of a routine today, and I am constantly praying for opportunities to serve and be a blessing to those around me.

As I have been doing my quiet time, I read Luke 11:9-13 (Jesus speaking)

   “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
   “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

It reminded me that God will supply every need
He wants to give us good gifts. 

What a thought! 

2 comments:

  1. Mackenzie what a blessing! I was just reading that same passage this morning in my quiet time. Eventhough we are thousand of miles a part, it reminded me of the bond that we share in Jesus Christ! You're in our prayers!!
    Ms. Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I love when there's a theme connection! What an awesome connection Christ is. Even with the people here who barely speak English (and my broken Kirundi) when we're both children of God, there's almost another language we both speak. Thank you soo much for your prayers!

      Delete